As some of you may have been following, I recently completed Jessica from Inphyusion’s No Frills 7 Day Clean Eating Adventure. And let me tell you, this opportunity could not possibly have come at a better time!
Admittedly, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately. My energy, my running, my attitude, and well-being have all been suffering a bit lately. It finally hit me that I needed a full-on refresh and reset for my body; physically and mentally. But I had no clue where to even begin! I already ate ‘relatively’ healthy and exercised regularly, but something was missing. Within days of my newfound determination, I came across Jessica from Inphyusion’s spring refresh program and immediately signed up! What great timing, and what a great sign that this program was just what my body and mind needed!
What I Hoped to Gain From the No Frills 7 Day Clean Eating Adventure
- Restore my energy, mood and mindset
- Clean my body of any toxins without any crazy supplements
- Kill my sugar addiction
- Learn some new healthy recipe options
- Maybe lose a couple of pounds
- Have some fun and meet some great people!
What the Program Includes (details courtesy of Jessica from inphyusion.com)
• Trail Map: a complete program guide so you know what to do and when
• Daily Guide: an easy to follow document that you can print out and post on your fridge so you can stay on track
• Grocery list, meal plan and delicious healthy recipes: you won’t feel deprived with the amazing menu that Jessica has put together for you, and you’ll know exactly what to buy and how to cook it
• Daily support in a private Facebook group: you will have Jessica’s personal support and the support of your fellow adventurers each step of the way, so you never feel stuck or like you’re in it alone. The Facebook group is private so you’re able to ’speak’ comfortably about your experience
I absolutely LOVED the design of this program for SO many reasons! First of all, it is essential to have a starting point before you begin any program so you can gage how effective it actually is. The recipes were fantastic and easy to prepare. I am no expert chef, but the recipes were a breeze to follow. Additionally, many of them were designed to be prepped ahead of time if you choose, which saved me a ton of time during the week. There were definitely some delicious options that I will be saving!
I LOVED the structure of what to eat, and when to eat it every single day. In my opinion, this is the main component that many programs are missing. I strive on structure. Every other program I have researched gives options, allotments, suggestions, etc. but this is the first one that I have found that tells specifically what to do every single day. You cannot fail if you follow this program!
This Program is NOT Designed to Starve You!!!
A couple of notes about this program. First and foremost, you will NOT starve! You get three meals and two hearty snacks every single day. The purpose is not to drop mass amounts of weight that you cannot possibly maintain. The purpose is to reset your body, rid yourself of toxins and learn how your body reacts to certain foods. The program will set you up for success following your fresh start with the Adventure.
While this program does not require any crazy supplements, fasting or other extreme measures, it does remove quite a bit from your diet. You will not have meat, dairy, caffeine or sugar in any form. This is primarily plant-based with healthy fats and some grains. Even still, I was NEVER hungry during the week. If you do find yourself with a rumbling tummy, there are approved unlimited snack foods if needed.
You Will Learn How to Take Care of Yourself
Physically, your diet changes are only one portion of this program. It is also suggested to continue your normal exercise routine. Personally, I was in training two weeks out from my half marathon and initially concerned if I could keep up with training on this diet. In all honesty, I actually felt better running this week! The program was working!
In addition to your physical well-being, this program has a portion dedicated to self-care. Jessica includes multiple self-care practices to follow throughout the week. You will need about ten to fifteen minutes each day to devote to your personal self-care, and every minute is so worth it! It provided me a great opportunity to reflect on the day and assess how I was feeling. Part of the program also includes journaling each day to assess your physical and mental health.
What Did I Find Challenging
So I have a confession to make. I am a sugar addict. My sweet tooth is OUT.OF.CONTROL. No lie. This week was rough on me. Jessica advised me that I may experience some mild ‘withdrawal’ symptoms including headache and irritability, but that it would pass in a couple of days.
No mood swings or irritability here, but every single day I experience very mild headaches at some point. They really did not improve until the tail end of the week. I also had some bouts of mid day sluggishness, which I attribute to the sugar withdrawals and not the actual program design. Let me be clear, however, this by no means a complaint on my part! This is something that I needed to go through for myself!
Otherwise, I did not find the program difficult to follow. I am not a big meat eater, I drink caffeine sparsely and really enjoy any fresh produce. As I mentioned, Jessica designed the program to be incredibly easy and convenient to follow. Aside from my sugar withdrawal, I really didn’t feel like I was deprived in any way.
Did It Work???
When I reflect on my original goals for this program, I have to say that it definitely exceeded my expectations in every area!
- ENERGY: I gained more energy from a cleaner diet than I ever did from caffeine and sugar rushes. I ran twelve miles the last morning of the program and felt great!
- NEW RECIPES: I am taking the majority of recipes that I leaned during this week and incorporating them into my normal meal planning. Healthy and easy is definitely a win-win!
- HAVE FUN: While some days were a struggle, especially with the headache issues, all-in-all I had a great time! I got to connect with a lot of great people including Jessica from Inphyusion!
Ok friends, here’s where it gets exciting for me:
- SUGAR ADDICTION: Not gonna lie, the first night off the program I indulged in some fro-yo. Sounded like a great idea until the next day when my body totally revolted against me! The program is designed that in the second week you slowly add regular foods back into your diet to determine any sensitivities. Everything else I added back including dairy, eggs and poultry was fine. Sugar was a no go! Now I realize there will be skeptics out there saying that it takes more than a week to break an addiction. I will agree. However, just because I still crave the sugar does not mean that my body can physically tolerate it. Because of this, I haven’t had any significant amounts of sugar since finishing the program nearly two weeks ago. I know what it did to my body and it’s just not worth it! Because of this, I’m finding my sugar cravings are less and less each day. This is a HUGE WIN in my book!This may also work for any caffeine junkies out there, too. If this is your weakness, I definitely recommend giving the program a try!
- WEIGHT: My goal for this program was not to lose weight. Technically, it is not designed to make you lose weight. The goal of this program is much larger; for sustainable lifestyle changes. Which in the long run, should aid in weight loss also. In any case, I would not consider myself over weight, however I think we could all spare to lose a pound or two. Imagine my excitement when I stepped on the scale for my weigh-in and had lost nearly 2.5% of my body weight! HUGE HUGE WIN!!!
I hope from my review that it is abundantly clear just how much I loved the No Frills 7 Day Clean Eating Adventure! Everything about it was so easy and convenient to follow. Jessica is an amazing resource and always available when needed. My results speak for themselves. The program is designed to be revisited whenever you feel yourself starting to slip back into your old ways, or whenever you are in need of a reset. I will definitely be returning for Jessica’s next Adventure!
If this is something that sounds exciting to you, be sure to check out the Inphyusion website for more information! If you have any specific questions for me, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: I was provided with a free product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.